About Homeowner's Insurance
Homeowner’s insurance is designed to bring your home and possessions back to the same condition they were in before a loss occurred. There are several different types of homeowner’s insurance policies offered by a wide variety of insurance companies. As a result, not all coverages are the same. It is important to review all your options and coverages so you can make an informed decision.
Homesite's homeowner's insurance policies include the following protections:
- Dwelling coverage up to the limits you choose to purchase and defined by our Replacement Cost-calculations.
- Coverage for your personal property up to the limits you choose to purchase. (Be sure to ask about Replacement Cost coverage for your personal property.)
- Coverage for structures in addition to your primary dwelling, such as storage sheds, boathouses, and pools.
- Coverage for loss of use, reimbursing you for expenses for loss of use of your home caused by named perils.
- Medical expenses, paying up to $1,000 per person if someone is injured on your property.
- Liability exposures, protecting you against certain risks up to $100,000* per accident for bodily injury or property damage.
- Higher limits of liability and medical expense coverages, available for a small charge.
Policyholders may also purchase additional coverage for valuable personal property such as jewelry, watches and furs. Coverage for collectibles worth over $1,000 (for example, musical instruments) may be specifically scheduled. Items over $3,000 will require an appraisal.
Take a few minutes to get a free, no obligation homeowners insurance quote, and see just how affordable our rates can be.